The Arbor Day Foundation has named Cuivre River Electric Cooperative (CREC) a Tree Line USA Utility for the 21st consecutive year.
Tree Line USA is a national program recognizing public and private utilities for pursuing practices that protect and enhance America's urban trees. In cooperation with the National Association of State Foresters, Tree Line USA promotes the dual goals of delivering safe and reliable electricity while maintaining healthy community trees.
To achieve the designation, CREC continues to meet 5 core requirements:
- Follow industry standards for quality tree care
- Provide annual employee training in best tree-care practices
- Sponsor a tree-planting and public education programs
- Maintain a tree-based energy conservation program
- Participate in an Arbor Day Celebration
A key objective of the Tree Line USA program is to replace the line-clearance practice of topping trees with natural pruning. This practice allows trees to retain more of their natural form and supports tree health. CREC was the first electric cooperative in Missouri, and only third in the U.S., to be designated as Tree Line USA certified.
Learn more about our right-of-way department and what they do here.