2022 CREC Annual Meeting and Election
CREC’s annual meeting will be held at 4 p.m. on August 25, 2022, at the co-op’s Troy location. The winners of the 2022 board director election will be announced at the meeting, which will also be streamed live via YouTube.
Below are the dates for the 2022 Board of Directors election.
• April 1 Candidate nominations open
• May 10 (noon) Candidate nominations close
• May 24 Candidate Reception/Nominating Committee selects a slate of candidates
• July 18 Opening day of online voting and the first-day paper ballots can be mailed
• August 13 Last day to request mail-in paper ballots
• August 22 Online voting closes/Deadline for paper ballots to be received
• August 25 Annual meeting at CREC's Troy headquarters -- 1112 E. Cherry Street (voting open at the meeting). Doors open at 3 p.m., the meeting commences at 4 p.m.
About the ballot:
The 2022 ballot includes the names of candidates in each of the four districts. You are eligible to choose one candidate for each district: one from each of these districts: Pike County, St. Charles County District 2; Lincoln County District No. 2, and Warren County District No. 1 (see shaded areas on the map).
How to vote in the 2022 election:
• Vote online – If you have a valid email address on file with CREC, you may receive an email containing a direct link to your ballot. If you do not have an email address on file with us, or you do not receive the email link or prefer not to use it, you can still access online voting. Type directvote.net/crec/ directly into your web browser (not into a search engine) to access the login page of the 2022 Cuivre River Electric Cooperative Ballot. (PLEASE NOTE: This link will not be available until July 18) You will be asked to provide your member number (without the dash or numbers after the dash) and the zip code of your billing address.
• Vote by paper ballot – You can request a paper ballot starting July 18 by contacting Survey & Ballot Systems, which facilitates the election for CREC. Call 952-974-2339 between 8 am and 5 pm Monday-Friday or email email@example.com. Complete your ballot and return it in the postage-paid return envelope. Do not mail or bring your ballot to Cuivre River Electric or the annual meeting.
• Vote at a CREC office – If you do not have a computer at home you can visit a CREC office (Troy or Lake Saint Louis) and vote online at a computer kiosk.
• Vote at the annual meeting on August 25 – A voting station will be open on-site at the annual meeting at our Troy headquarters. You will need to bring your driver’s license or ID and a copy of your electric bill if you have it, to register and vote.
Other annual meeting resources:
Questions? Contact Chris Ryan, manager of member services and IT, at 636-695 4831/email firstname.lastname@example.org.