Operation Round Up
Operation Round Up is a community outreach program funded by Cuivre River Electric Cooperative members through the Cuivre River Electric Community Trust. CREC members contribute by "rounding up" their electric bill payments each month. Operation Round Up monthly summary. Read More...
Board of Trustees
Funds are administered by seven volunteer trustees (pictured below) who represent the geographic areas where Cuivre River Electric Cooperative has electric service available (portions of Lincoln, Pike, St. Charles and Warren Counties). Funds are available for members and non-members who live in these areas.
2014 Community Trust Board. Treasurer Bob Hall, Secretary Melissa Hollander, Jim Mayes, Elise Homeyer, Frank Klaas, Vice-Chairman Nancy Matheny and Chairman Dan Elliott.
Mission. The goal of Operation Round Up is to help individuals, families and communities address unmet needs in the areas of health, youth, education, home weatherization, community and emergency services. Funds can be used to:
- Help families cope with emergencies, illnesses, and special medical needs.
- Help low-income and elderly neighbors reduce the burden of home energy bills with long term solutions that improve their home's efficiency.
- Help schools and neighbors with limited resources improve educational opportunities.
- Assist community youth organizations and activities which promote good citizenship for strong, healthy communities.
- Aid community and emergency service providers in their efforts to improve the quality of life for our less fortunate neighbors, and support each community's health, safety and well-being.
Funds may NOT be used for:
- Electricity, Propane/Gas, Telephone/Cable/Satelite/Internet bills
- Mortgage/Rent deposits or payments, Real estate/Personal property taxes
- Home/Renter's insurance payments
- Automobile expenses
- Credit card payments
There are four applications designed to meet a variety of needs for eligible applicants. The deadline is the last day of each month except for scholarships. Grant applications are available at Cuivre River Electric Cooperative offices or can be downloaded by selecting one of the links below.
*Bright Future grants are for schools only.
Scholarship deadlines have changed. Please be advised the New Scholarship Deadlines are now May 1 and October 1. High school seniors are eligible for the May deadline only.
Trustees meet once a month. Applications may be mailed or hand-delivered to any CREC office.
Cuivre River Electric Cooperative members have donated more than $4.38 Million in small change to Operation Round Up since the program began in 1997. Together, their small change each month has changed the lives of thousands of individuals in our local communities. 4,800 Operation Round Up grants totaling $4,389,667.62 have been awarded by the Board of Trustees to date.
Many members of Cuivre River Electric Cooperative contribute by rounding up their monthly electric bill to the next highest dollar. The minimum amount you contribute each month is one cent, and the maximum is 99 cents. This contribution is voluntary. If you choose not to contribute, please notify us by email, phone, mail, or in person.
All other contributions for Operation Round Up are appreciated and accepted. Mail them to: Cuivre River Electric Community Trust, P.O. Box 160, Troy, MO 63379
Contact us at email@example.com to ask about your Operation Round Up contribution.
The Cuivre River Electric Community Trust is a 501 C-3 corporation. All contributions are tax-deductible.
For more information on Operation Round Up call Lonnie Tucker at 1-800-392-3709 Ext. 230.